This post was written by Tahreem as part of our Girlville Youth Blogger of the Year contest. Thanks, Tahreem!
I wanted to write a DIY blog post because I love to make things! I spend half my time going on YouTube looking for good DIYs and the other half doing them. Hopefully you guys will enjoy doing these projects as much as I did!
DIY Calming Jar
- Glitter glue or clear glue
- Fine glitter
- Food colouring (optional)
- Beads or sequins (optional)
- Put hot water into jar
- Add food colouring (optional)
- Add glitter, beads and/or sequins
- Secure lid tightly
- Shake and enjoy!
DIY Okra Flower Stamp
- Notebook or any kind of paper to draw on
- Paint (any kind)
- Scissors or knife
- Cut open okra and dip in paint
- Stamp okra on paper and hold still for a few seconds
- Experiment, and try to make lots of fun designs!
I hope you enjoy doing these crafts! There are lots of great resources online if you’re looking to try some more DIYs. I hope I inspired some of you to be creative, original and to always try new things!