It is very common for girls our age to struggle with how we look and feel about our bodies, especially during puberty when our bodies are changing so much! My friends and I talk about this all of time and let’s face it there is a lot of pressures around making us feel like we have to look and be a certain way. I recently came across these amazing tips and thought I would share them with all of you. If we can try these and start making them a part of our daily habits, I think they could help make a real difference on how we feel about ourselves and boost our body image (in other words help us to love our bodies and who we are)!
1. Don’t focus on what other people’s bodies look like.
2. Do focus on the things you like about your appearance.
3. Each day, say one things that you like about yourself.
4. Focus on accomplishments that have to do with who you are as a person, not what you look like.
5. Understand that things we see in magazines, online, on television or in the movies have been altered to perfection, everything is not as it seems.
6. You don’t need validation from anyone else to feel good about yourself.
7. No one is perfect, so embrace the fact that you have flaws and love the things that make you unique.
8. Surround yourself with people who support you and make you feel good about yourself.
9. Do things that make you happy.
10. Love yourself the way you are right now, not what or who you could be.
Image Source: Get Your Glow On
Source: The Berry